It occured with my new laptop computer at work that occasionally both my mouse and the keyboard that are connected via Bluetooth lost the connection.
The only thing that helped was deactivating and activating the Bluetooth adapter.
This thread posts a fix:
This has actually been the case with all bluetooth devices since Windows Vista. It also happens to Windows 7. It is a power saving mode that is disconnecting you. The fix for this is buried in the dialogs, but you have to find your way. Follow these steps.
- Go to Control Panel
- Go to More Settings
- Search for BLUETOOTH and bluetooth options will appear under DEVICES AND PRINTERS
- select CHANGE BLUETOOTH SETTINGS
- Select the HARDWARE TAB
- Select the GENERIC BLUETOOTH ADAPTER
- Click the PROPERTIES Button
- Click the CHANGE SETTINGS button
- Select the POWER MANAGEMENT Tab
- Uncheck the box that says “Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power” and OK your way back out.
Let’s see how it works.